|ArtSeed Fall Open Studio
|| 11am-6pm, Sat. & Sun. Oct. 31 & Nov. 1
||Hunters Point Shipyard Studio 2513 in Building 101 (directions below)
Please drop by for ArtSeed’s Fall Open Studio featuring Manon Bogerd-Wada and other ArtSeed artists’ work related to this year’s theme, Health & Healing.
Artists Showing at Open Studios:
- Manon Bogerd-Wada, ArtSeed Artist-in-Residence, assisted by ArtSeed Intern Teaching Artist, Richard Cheung, with teachers Lupe Navarro and Nancy Boyle and their students at Burnett Child Development Center
- A new sustainable building material invented by Don McPherson, PhD, will be featured in sculpture work by Manon Bogerd-Wada
- ArtSeed Painter/sculptor Mentor Chris Treggiari, and Apprentice Vicente Alexander Martinez
- ArtSeed Filmmaker Mentor Trey Houston, and Apprentice Sydney Van Bueren
- A selection of works from ArtSeed’s September 30 Art Jam at 111 Minna Street organized by Julie Cowley
- Also showing: ArtSeed Artists William Scott, Josefa Vaughan, Marissa Kunz
Kudos to Keith Van Bueren for his work and expertise in preparing the Studio for installation.
Affiliate Studio Program:
ArtSeed is now accepting applications for ArtSeed’s new Affiliate Studio Program where a selected artist is awarded participation in ArtSeed’s community, publicity and a large portion of shipyard studio 2513 in building 101 at reduced rent for one year. Interested artists can call 415-409-1761 or visit artseed.org for more information. Please spread the word to your artist friends about this new ArtSeed Program, come see the refurbished space and ArtSeed’s new works in progress during Open Studio!
Directions to Open Studio #2513
The Muni #19 Polk ends at the ArtSeed Studio #2513 in the biggest of the Shipyard structures, Building #101 upstairs on the 2nd floor where the Gallery is.
From downtown San Francisco:
Follow 3rd Street going south, turn left onto Evans Street (about 5 blocks farther south than 24th). Follow Evans for 2 miles, the name will change to Innes, but it is the same arterial. The Shipyard Gates are at the end of the road. Remember to bear left toward the water at all times.
From the East Bay:
Take the Bay Bridge and follow 101 South to the Cesar Chavez exit and exit Cesar Chavez going East. Follow Cesar Chavez eastward to Third Street, then turn right, follow Third about 4 blocks until you hit Evans, turn left onto Evans.
From 280 South
Exit at Cesar Chavez, turning right as you exit. Follow Cesar Chavez until you hit Third Street, then turn right, follow Third about 4 blocks until you hit Evans, turn left onto Evans. Stay on Evans for 2 miles; it changes name to Innes. Bear left toward water. You will arrive at Shipyard gates and receive a program with building maps.
From 280 North
Take Cesar Chavez exit going East. Follow Cesar Chavez until you hit Third Street, turn right, follow Third about 4 blocks until you hit Evans, turn left onto Evans. Stay on Evans for 2 miles; it changes name to Innes. Bear left toward water. You will arrive at Shipyard gates and receive a program with building maps.
For more information about Open Studios, visit
ArtSeed is funded in part by the California Arts Council, a state agency, and the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency.
Who are ArtSeed’s most recent Major Funders?
- California Arts Council Artists in Schools Program
- Sherman Elementary PTA
- Sustainable Arts Foundation
- Sherman Elementary PTA
- Rip Tide Cocktails, Fleet Feet Sports, Astro Studios, Adidas
- Macy’s West and the Gap Foundation Money for Time Program
- Perforce Foundation, and The Art Exchange Gallery
- IBM, The Rothwell Group, LP, Savior-Faire
- Arwen and Heather Vaughan, Alice Huang, Alexander Lim, Vincent Buccola, Thomas Palmer, Kristin Kildall, Brett Engard, Linda & Mathew Bookman, Lauren Clark, Richard & Rita Felciano, Julie Tsai, Janna & Andrew Parsons, Dr. Ronald Elkin, Otto & Idell Weiss and many other individual donors.