ArtSeed has decided that in this time of public health concerns and maintaining social distancing, we are still determined to reach out to people through art during this year’s Art-a-thon on Saturday, April 25th from 10 AM to 8 PM.
This is your chance to join in on the fun of making art by hosting a personalized lesson in your area of expertise! The art lessons should be 30 minutes maximum. We will host the lessons remotely through Zoom, and you can teach from the comforts of your own home. To host your lesson, all you have to do is make a free Zoom account and one of our ArtSeed staff will connect you to the people interested in learning through a video call.
We understand the importance of providing accessible materials to the general public since not everyone has things like paints and charcoal. We want to do so much more while keeping within ArtSeed’s recent theme of climate change and sustainable art. To do this, we want to use recycled materials at our disposal as well as forms of art within the computer. Some possibilities are, and aren’t limited to:
- Using recycled materials to create collages, sculptures, etc.
- Using basic drawing implements we have in our houses such as pencils, pens, colored pencils, and crayons to make drawings, comics/sequential art, or even find new and creative ways to work with them
- Working with creative writing, such as letters, postcards, stories, and poetry
- Working with free programs on the computer, such as Blender for 3D art, Twine for non-linear writing, Garageband for music, or even hosting a game where you can create something
- Host an outside class (following the 6 feet guideline) and stream it online
So in other words, there’s no need to go out and buy materials as they should already be at your disposal! Painting and other traditional art mediums are available to teach but are limited.
We will be holding multiple time-slots on Sundays from 1 to 2 PM and Thursdays from 2 to 3 PM to present a 10 minute sample of the lesson. Our first time-slot is on Sunday, March 29th. If you’re interested in teaching a class, please feel free to respond to the email, email@example.com, by providing your name, your lesson plan, and the supplies you’ll use for your lesson. Now, let’s get crafty!
To participants under 18 interested in teaching, please have your parent sign this permission form. https://www.artseed.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/ArtSeedLessonsProfileWaiver_PDF_Fillable_2_15_2020GB.pdf
Please take a picture or scan then submit completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all participants, please sign and submit this online volunteer waiver.
Please, contact us if you have any questions completing or sending the forms.