Tuesday, June 8, 2021, 2-3:30 p.m. History of Peace Symbols, Activism, and the works of Sister Mary Corita, an online workshop for ArtSeed.
Summer Intensive Presenters: Heidi Majano (right) and Greta Severson (left)
“Greta and I met in Seattle as Peace Corps Volunteers being sent to Papua New Guinea in 2000. We both share a special sisterhood connection and we always spoke about working together in a format related to our love for peace and art. In late 2020, Josefa and I spoke about the possibility to do collaborative work together in Peace Activism through the Arts.”
-Heidi Majano, Executive Director of the Peaceful World Foundation
“I have been teaching art for 18 years. I have taught all grade levels K-12 though I currently teach middle and high school for the Gateway School District in Monroeville, PA. Annually, I also volunteer to teach art workshops with our local library to students in the surrounding area. Working on this project with Heidi has been exciting as we both had little knowledge on the origins of the peace symbol.”
-Greta Severson, Art Teacher on the topic: Peace Activism through the Arts
It’s not too late to register for ArtSeed’s Fine Arts Summer Intensive Camp!
ArtSeed Fine Arts Summer Intensive (2nd annual virtual event with hybrid aspects) Weekdays, July 12 – 30, 2021, 9 a.m.–5 p.m. For ten students, ages 6 to 19 years, or for younger students after an interview. Individual portfolio and collaborative project building workshop with teaching artists and adult volunteers who also learn new techniques from guest presenters. Everything culminates in an exhibition. Online and safe in-person (1:1 teacher/student ratio) workshops with drop-offs and pick-ups at ArtSeed’s Presidio WorkSpaces, 1007 General Kennedy Ave., Suites 206 & 210, Tides Converge, and at Hunters Point Shipyard studio 2513, Building 101. All Participants Register Here!
Opening and closing receptions for ArtSeed’s exhibition Online and in the Presidio, New Normal: Learning from the Past to Move Forward Together can be viewed by appointment (call or text: 415-656-9849) in accordance with San Francisco’s Health Order and ArtSeed In-Person Policy (for Covid-19). Thursday, September 2, 5–7 p.m., and Saturday, October 2, 3–5 p.m., 2021 (hybrid event). China Brotsky and Seed Galleries, Tides Converge, 1007 General Kennedy Ave., San Francisco. ArtSeed participants and featured artists are also showcased on our website Michelle Vignes Virtual Gallery. Online virtual receptions feature musicians as well as the visual arts. To submit your art: Send us a photograph with this completed form after printing. Then mail (P.O. Box 29277, San Francisco, CA 94129) or scan and email both to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 415-656-9849 to arrange drop-off in the Presidio.
Enter our Michelle Vignes Virtual Gallery! To learn more about Michelle and ArtSeed click here. ArtSeed’s In Real Life (IRL) Presidio Exhibition will extend into 2021 and can be viewed by appointment (call or text: 415-656-9849) in accordance with San Francisco’s Health Order and ArtSeed In-Person Policy (for Covid-19). China Brotsky and Seed Galleries at Tides Converge, 1007 General Kennedy Ave., San Francisco.
- Volunteer with ArtSeed
- Apply for private instruction (application form with fee schedule)
- Apply for collaborative art-making (adult students may use this permission form)
- Visit our Michelle Vignes Virtual Gallery
- Give us your feedback on ArtSeed programs here
- Follow ArtSeed on Facebook, Instagram, and Flickr
- Support ArtSeed’s Shop & Share Project
- Honor a friend or commemorate a milestone: See how in our 2020 Annual Letter
- Subscribe here to receive seasonal ArtSeed Newsletters (infrequent and your info is safe)
- Donate or get involved in Art-a-thon here.
- Submit a Teaching Artist or Presenter’s Packet Guidelines
- Examples of Artist and Presenter’s Packets
- Check out the Fine Arts Summer Intensive Bookmark Flyer
- Complete the Fine Arts Summer Intensive Registration Form
- Submit your art for exhibition, send us a photograph with this completed form
Weekly Online Focus Groups:
- Sunday, 2 – 3 p.m. Art Share / Brainstorming for all ages.
- Tuesday, 2 – 5 p.m. Art Lessons and Online Projects for mature kids and adults.
- Thursday, 2 – 3 p.m. by Appointment Only. Call or text 415-656-9849.
- Friday, 1 – 2 p.m. Veterans’ Art Lab with ArtSeed hosted by the Veteran’s Administration. To register, contact Dan at 415-221-4810 X22839.
To join Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday sessions: Contact email@example.com, or call or text 415-656-9849 to get the link for
Virtual Gatherings, Remote Learning, and Art-making Together!