Thank You for Attending, Supporting, & Encouraging Artists Who Volunteered Their Time and Talent at Two Successful Events!
Kudos to the awesome volunteers who kicked off ArtSeed’s most intense art-making and FUNdraising season with a vast range of artistic offerings from Miguel’s Augmented Reality interactive video installation to Aber’s World-building Encyclopedia prompting writing, drawing, and assemblage. This reunion of alum embraced many newcomers totaling 70 Presidio attendees sharing creativity, live music, food, and drink. Check out the Art-a-thon Program for a recap of artists and their stations. One week later, Clark Tate made more art, schlepped, arranged, and labeled displays together with Ryley, Jennifer, and Aber. Adisa met downstairs artists and greeted hundreds of visitors, referring them up to Studio 2513. It was wonderful to get familiar hugs and meet all those new art lovers (13 guest pages). Your help keeps the FUNdraising & ARTmaking going!
ArtSeed Earth Day Satellite Art-a-thons, Ongoing Satellite Projects,
Partnerships, and Field Trips
Long-time ArtSeed teaching artist and Satellite Art-a-thon Champion, Luned Palmer, spent her birthday at her friend Jess Rolls’ “Make-it, Mend-it” on her block’s open street, part of another charity’s Earth Day event in Brooklyn, New York. ArtSeed FUNdraising and satellite ART projects are still ongoing! See below and check out the new website that graduating St. Ignatius senior, ArtSeed Youth Council Officer William Schier created: https://artseed.org/2023art-a-thon/
Save these upcoming Showcase Dates to see what’s been made during and after ArtSeed’s Art-a-thon kicks off Earth Day with a convergence of ongoing art-making in San Francisco and beyond:
- Fine Arts Summer Intensive Reception at Think Round, Inc., 2140 Bush St., Suite #1B, SF, CA 94115. Saturday, July 15, 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. Show runs through August.
- ArtSeed Annual Presidio Exhibition, China Brotsky and Seed Galleries at Tides Converge.1012 Torney Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94129. Open to the public on weekdays, 8 a.m.–2:30 p.m., and by appointment: Josefa@artseed.org, 415-656-9849. Opening Reception: Wednesday, September 13, 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. Closing Reception/ Volunteer Appreciation Party: Saturday, December 9, 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Flying Cloud Russian River Retreat: Russian River getaway in Windsor, CA, including dinner and breakfast for 6 (retail value $4,000) with a two-night stay in two glamorous tent-like cabins and an AirStream trailer. Includes lap pool, private education tour, and barrel-tasting. Grand Prize drawing eligibility: One ticket and chance to win for every $2,000 you raise or donate to ArtSeed Programs.
Inn at the Presidio: One-night stay for two adults and two children under the age of 15 includes breakfast & daily wine & cheese Happy Hour. (retail value $525.00). 42 Moraga Ave., Presidio Main Post, SF, CA 94129. One ticket and chance to win for every $1,000 you raise or donate to ArtSeed Programs.
Presidio Bowl Center: $119 Gift Certificate, (1 lane, 1 hour, 6 people), 93 Moraga Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94129.
Photograph & Frame: $100 Gift Card 2298 Chestnut St., San Francisco, CA 94123.
Asian Art Museum: 2 guest passes, Valued at $50 total, 200 Larkin St., San Francisco, CA 94102.
Hand Touch Nail Care: $35 Gift card, 2371 Chestnut St. San Francisco, CA 94123.
Café RX: Two $10 Gift Cards, 1013 Torney Ave., San Francisco, CA 94129 at Tides Converge in the Presidio.
Books Inc.: $25 Gift Card, 2251 Chestnut St., San Francisco, CA 94123.
And more to come!
Make a difference in the life of an artist, a veteran, or a child.
Donate here. Are you using your phone to sponsor someone? Before your transaction, click “View Desktop Version” and then look for the “Special Purpose” prompt.
Checks payable to ArtSeed are also welcome at
P.O. Box 29277, San Francisco, CA 94129.
Working on your planned giving? Let’s make a future together!
ArtSeed is a non-profit tax-exempt fine arts/youth leadership organization under Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3) and Revenue and Tax Code 27301d. Your charitable contribution to ArtSeed, made without expectation of material benefit, therefore is tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. EIN #: 52-2368513. Retain this IRS Determination Letter, if needed, for your records.
Develop your creativity and share your resources by supporting 2023 ArtSeed projects including Ruth Asawa School of the Arts and Boys & Girls Club outreach, online and in-person mentorships, Art-a-thon, Summer Intensive, Open Studio,
Field Trips, and Presidio Exhibitions. We are all in this together!
Check out our Annual Summary Report, and Letter of Appeal.
Want Further Involvement?
Click a hyperlink or forward these URLs to a friend!
- Volunteer or intern with ArtSeed: https://bit.ly/2XL4q5k
- Register for ArtSeed’s Fine Arts Summer Intensive: https://bit.ly/3Zjwp6I
- Give us your feedback on ArtSeed programs here: https://bit.ly/388IhQz
- Check out lots more event photographs! Flickr: https://bit.ly/38d4kp4
- Learn how to fundraise for Art-a-thon (Full Art-a-thon Packet): https://bit.ly/40TrvOP
- Apply for mentorships or private instruction (Application Form with Fee Schedule): https://bit.ly/3gSQP5R
- Apply for collaborative art-making (Registration Form for All Ages): https://bit.ly/3lcrEx0
- Visit our Michelle Vignes Virtual Gallery: https://bit.ly/38aEMJl
- Follow ArtSeed on Facebook: https://bit.ly/3kp9yUm
- Instagram: https://bit.ly/3ztyMrj
- Flickr: https://bit.ly/38d4kp4
- Support ArtSeed’s Shop & Share Project : https://bit.ly/3je6ZoT
- Honor a friend or commemorate a milestone: See how in our 2022 Annual Letter: https://bit.ly/3iup4Nw
- Subscribe here to receive seasonal ArtSeed Newsletters (Infrequent and your info is safe): https://bit.ly/39L4ft7
- Help ArtSeed reach out to vulnerable artists and families by donating through Network for Good: https://bit.ly/3gv04WD
- Submit a Teaching Artist or Presenter’s Packet Guidelines: https://bit.ly/3zawHjH
- Check out our Artist and Presenter’s Packets: https://bit.ly/3ygWHZg
- Submit your art for exhibition, and send us a photograph with this completed form: https://bit.ly/3RglmbJ
- Apply for ArtSeed’s Youth Council: https://bit.ly/3w3WV8h
- Learn more about our Hunter’s Point Studio Residency Program: http://bit.ly/3FtuIMx
- Support ArtSeed’s 2023 projects (ArtSeed 2023 Operating Plan): http://bit.ly/3LVRaBT
Weekly Focus Groups:
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call or text 415-656-9849 to make an appointment for Virtual Gatherings, Remote Learning, and Art-making Together!
- Saturday, 2 – 4 p.m. In-person Meetings and Mentorships.
- Monday, 3:30 – 5 p.m. In-person Mentorships
- Friday, 1 – 2 p.m. Veterans’ Art Lab with ArtSeed hosted by the Veteran’s Administration. To register, contact Dan at 415-221-4810 X22839.
- Friday, 4 – 5 p.m. Online Projects, Show-and-Tell, and Art Prompts
ArtSeed participants and featured artists are showcased in the
Michelle Vignes Virtual Gallery.
Big shoutout to everyone who made the 2022 Summer Intensive and 16th Annual Exhibition, Dream Earth People on Sabbatical, possible! Read the Summer Intensive Summary for a comprehensive recap of participants and topics, or view photos on our Flickr.
“I was first introduced to ArtSeed when my kindergarten class learned to use a grid to gain precision in drawing. I’ve since been involved in Art-a-thons, Summer Intensives, and Exhibitions featuring professionals and kids my own age. We used high-quality materials and techniques that allowed me to improve and find beauty in mistakes. It has been 11 years and I still volunteer at ArtSeed because the welcoming environment enables and encourages people of all ages and abilities to create, and develop advanced skills without being afraid of messing up.”
– Shoshana P., 1/28/23
Read more testimonies here.