Celebrating Three Weeks of the Fine Arts Summer Intensive!
ArtSeed is proud to have completed our annual immersive artmaking Intensive with two in-person locations at opposite ends of the city: ArtSeed’s Presidio WorkSpaces at Tides Converge, and at ArtSeed’s Hunters Point Shipyard studio. All-day online connections between these two sites brought both camps together for structured presentations and Activities. Participants studied with eight in-person instructors who were also accessible via Google Meet. Additionally, four remote presenters hosted “Field Trips” to Seattle, Washington; Frisco, Texas; plus Petaluma and Emeryville, CA! All this happened during weekdays, July 12 – 30, 2021, 9 am – 5 pm. Participants ages 9 and older largely worked one-on-one with teaching artists and adult volunteers to develop pieces for their individual portfolios and for several collaborative projects. Click here to see some photos!
Everything culminates in public receptions (both opening: Thursday, September 9, 5–7 pm and closing: Saturday, October 9, 3–5 pm) for the exhibition New Normal: Learning from the Past to Move Forward Together. Enter the Presidio’s Café RX doors to find China Brotsky and Seed Galleries, at Tides Converge, in accordance with San Francisco’s Health Order and Health Order Directive No. 2020-14. ArtSeed participants and featured artists are also showcased on our website Michelle Vignes Virtual Gallery. To submit your art: Send us a photograph with this completed form after printing. Then mail (P.O. Box 29277, San Francisco, CA 94129) or scan and email both to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 415-656-9849 to get a tour of the show or drop off your submission in the Presidio.
Want Further Involvement?
- Volunteer with ArtSeed
- Apply for private instruction (application form with fee schedule)
- Apply for collaborative art-making (adult students may use this permission form)
- Visit our Michelle Vignes Virtual Gallery
- Give us your feedback on ArtSeed programs here
- Follow ArtSeed on Facebook, Instagram, and Flickr
- Support ArtSeed’s Shop & Share Project
- Honor a friend or commemorate a milestone: See how in our 2020 Annual Letter
- Subscribe here to receive seasonal ArtSeed Newsletters (infrequent and your info is safe)
- Help ArtSeed reach out to vulnerable artists and families by donating through Network for Good here.
- Submit a Teaching Artist or Presenter’s Packet Guidelines
- Examples of Artist and Presenter’s Packets
- Submit your art for exhibition, send us a photograph with this completed form
Check out ArtSeed’s Shop & Share Project
Weekly Online Focus Groups (On Summer Hiatus until Sunday, September 5th):
- Sunday, 2 – 3 p.m. Art Share / Brainstorming for all ages.
- Tuesday, 2 – 5 p.m. Art Lessons and Online Projects for mature kids and adults.
- Thursday, 2 – 3 p.m. by Appointment Only. Call or text 415-656-9849.
- Friday, 1 – 2 p.m. Veterans’ Art Lab with ArtSeed hosted by the Veteran’s Administration. To register, contact Dan at 415-221-4810 X22839.
To join Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday sessions:
Contact email@example.com, or call or text 415-656-9849 to get the link for
Virtual Gatherings, Remote Learning, and Art-making Together!
Moselle Mac, CLA Intern
ArtSeed Statement: “I discovered ArtSeed through my internship at the CA Lawyers for the Arts, and my experience so far has been wonderful. I was able to meet artists from various backgrounds who have helped me grow. I was encouraged to experiment and think about art in ways that I hadn’t before.”
Check out Moselle’s Packet here
ArtSeed Contact Information:
Josefa Vaughan, Founding Director 415-656-9849 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Spencer, Virtual Office Manager 415-409-1761 / email@example.com
Sam Kuang, Technical Support 415-734-6993 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Forward these URLs to a Friend!
Volunteer with ArtSeed: https://www.artseed.org/volunteering/
Apply for private instruction (application form with fee schedule): https://bit.ly/2MzHNeM
Apply for collaborative art-making (adult application and permission form): https://bit.ly/39pQOQm
Visit Michelle Vignes Virtual Art Gallery:https://www.artseed.org/2020-exhibition-gallery/
Give us your feedback on ArtSeed programs here: https://www.artseed.org/programevaluation/
Follow ArtSeed on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ArtSeed.org
Follow ArtSeed on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/artseed_sf/
Check out photos of the ArtSeed’s activities at ArtSeed’s Flickr page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/artseed/albums
Support ArtSeed’s Shop & Share Project: https://www.artseed.org/shop/
Honor a friend or commemorate a milestone: https://bit.ly/3iup4Nw
Subscribe here to receive seasonal ArtSeed Newsletters (infrequent and your info is safe): https://bit.ly/39L4ft7
Help ArtSeed reach out to vulnerable artists and families by donating through Network for Good: https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/1315715
Submit a Teaching Artist or Presenter’s Packet (Guidelines): https://bit.ly/3AUxPJk
Examples of Artist and Presenter’s Packets: https://www.artseed.org/artseed-teaching-artist-packets/
Exhibition Submission Form: https://bit.ly/3e7VhJw
ArtSeed is a non-profit tax-exempt fine arts/youth leadership organization under Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3) and Revenue and Tax Code 27301d. Your charitable contribution to ArtSeed, made without expectation of material benefit, therefore is tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. Retain this IRS Determination Letter, if needed, for your records.