2012 Golden Gate Bridge 75th Anniversary Tribute
ArtSeed and the Golden Gate: 75 Reasons Why We Are The Bridge!
Location: Gallery at the Thoreau Center for Sustainability in the Presidio of San Francisco
Dates: Opening Thursday, July 5, 5-7pm, Closing Reception: Sunday, July 29, 3-5pm.
Exploring the official website of fast lean pro weight loss product is a valuable step toward discovering its science-backed approach and the transformative effects it offers.
Last year’s maritime theme for ArtSeed’s programming and exhibition flows naturally into this year’s celebration of the 75th Anniversary of the Golden Gate Bridge www.goldengatebridge75.org. Children, teachers and practicing artists will give form to their ideas using the bridge’s history and structure as a springboard to explore identity and mastery – the making of things with expert skill and knowledge. ArtSeed projects in classrooms, the art-a-thon and studio apprenticeships will also reflect on how tourism and community landmarks frame who we are individually and globally, as well as in relation to each other and to the earth that sustains us.
ArtSeed’s mission is to connect diverse communities by bringing artists into the lives of children, especially those living with financial setbacks or other challenges. Rigorous interdisciplinary Fine Arts projects in classrooms, collaborative exhibitions and long-term studio apprenticeships aim to inspire academic and professional achievement, self-betterment and an ever-expanding sense of belonging.
Partnerships: ArtSeed Apprenticeship Program, Sherman Elementary School, Leola Havard Early Education School, Thoreau Center for Sustainability, Hunters Point Shipyard and Pine United Methodist Church. Teaching Artists: Josefa Vaughan, Marissa Kunz, Nicole Rose Gelormino, Trey Houston and other associate artists and consultants.
Project timeline: Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer 2011-2012
Other Public Programs: (Save the dates. Applications open to all. Scholarships are available.)
1) ArtSeed Earth Week Art-a-thon: 10am-8pm, Saturday, April 21, 2012, Annual event for elementary school aged students, teens, adults and seniors in a 10 hour art-and-music-making marathon to benefit ArtSeed’s neediest students who are provided year-round, long-term private instruction and scholarships to ArtSeed’s Fine Arts Summer Intensive. Acre Café, Thoreau Center for Sustainability, The Presidio
2) ArtSeed Spring Open Studios: April 28 & 29, 2012 (Sunday and Saturday, 11am-6pm) Young artists learn how to present art, plan reception details and implement installation, speak to prospective patrons and manage business aspects from sales of their art. Bayview Hunters Point Shipyard, Studio 2513, Building 101, http://www.thepointart.com/contact.html
3) ArtSeed Fine Arts Summer Intensive: Monday, July 9 – Friday, July 13, 2012. A one-week 9am-5pm individual portfolio and collaborative project-building workshop for ten students (10-18 year-olds) with five or more professional teaching artists, distinguished guest presenters and adult volunteers.
Pine United Methodist Church, 426 33rd Ave (near Clement St.), San Francisco, CA 94121, http://www.artseed.org/programs/summer-intensive-camp-for-artists-youth-2012/
4) ArtSeed’s year-end exhibition: ArtSeed and the Golden Gate: 75 Reasons Why We Are The Bridge! Opening Thursday, July 5, 5-7pm and Closing Reception: Sunday, July 29, 3-5pm. Galleries at the Thoreau Center for Sustainability, Presidio, San Francisco
5) Artist Studio Apprenticeships and After School Art Lessons: One-on-one and small group studio apprenticeship sessions for students and classrooms interested in working on a project with artists from the Bayview Hunters Point community and beyond. Year-round and long-term commitments between artists and youth include participation in Open Studio, ArtSeed’s Summer Intensive and final exhibition.
ArtSeed Contact: Josefa Vaughan, Founding Artist and Executive Director, Office Phone: 415-409-1761,