Make a difference in the life of an artist, a veteran, or a child.
Donate here. Are you using your phone to sponsor someone? Before your transaction, click “View Desktop Version” and then look for the “Special Purpose” prompt.
Checks payable to ArtSeed are also welcome at
P.O. Box 29277, San Francisco, CA 94129.
Working on your planned giving? Let’s make a future together!
ArtSeed is a non-profit tax-exempt fine arts/youth leadership organization under Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3) and Revenue and Tax Code 27301d. Your charitable contribution to ArtSeed, made without expectation of material benefit, therefore is tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. EIN #: 52-2368513. Retain this IRS Determination Letter, if needed, for your records.
Birds and Bees: Fact, Fantasy, and the Future of Art and Life on Earth
Opening Reception: 5 p.m. – 7 p.m Wednesday, September 13
Exhibition open to the public: Weekdays, 8 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., and by appointment: Josefa@artseed.org, 415-656-9849
China Brotsky and Seed Galleries at Tides Converge in The Presidio
1012 Torney Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94129
Save this Date: ArtSeed Annual Presidio Exhibition Closing Reception/Volunteer Appreciation Party: Saturday, December 9, 3 p.m. – 5 p.m
July 15th – August 31st
Check out the Fantastic Results of Your Support! Go View ArtSeed’s Fine Arts Summer Intensive Exhibition at Think Round’s Gallery and Teaching Space where The Paradise Project and The Center for the Human Family continues to Share their Growth.
On Monday July 10 through Friday July 14 from 10 AM – 3 PM, Josefa Vaughan and Heidi Hardin led teaching artists from various disciplines, like photography, improv and collage, to work with students aged 7-18 at ArtSeed’s Fine Arts Summer Intensive. During the camp, the students explored a plethora of materials and mediums and visited many urban and natural environments in San Francisco. From the Kenyan-print clothing store, Zuri, in the Fillmore District to Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Assumption in Japantown, the students and volunteers pulled creative inspiration from their environments to create work in line with this years’ summer intensive theme. They also traveled to The Presidio and visited archaeological sites, The Arion Press, and the home studio of Clark Tate. You can find pictures of the workshops and field trips here.
The week ended with an exhibition and reception at Think Round Fine Arts Gallery on Saturday July 15th, where the students got to share their work with their family and the larger community in a well-attended public reception. The exhibition is still up at Think Round and will remain there until August 31st.
Thank you to the presenters, participants, and our hosts for Summer Intensive! For details of everyone who was involved, field trip locations, and educational reference points, click here.
A big thank you to David Gavrich for hosting ArtSeed’s Youth Council at Flying Cloud Russian River Retreat!
ArtSeed Programming Involvement and Support Prize recipients will be announced at ArtSeed’s Exhibition Opening Reception on September 13th.
Flying Cloud Russian River Retreat: Russian River getaway in Windsor, CA, including dinner and breakfast for 6 (retail value $4,000) with a one-night stay in two glamorous tent-like cabins and an AirStream trailer. Includes lap pool, private education tour, and barrel-tasting. Grand Prize eligibility is based on merit, time and talent shared, and limited to those who have given or raised at least $2000 to ArtSeed Programs.
Inn at the Presidio: One-night stay for two adults and two children under the age of 15 includes breakfast & daily wine & cheese Happy Hour. (retail value $525.00). 42 Moraga Ave., Presidio Main Post, SF, CA 94129. Eligibility is based on merit, time and talent shared, and limited to those who have given or raised at least $1000 to ArtSeed Programs.
Attendees to the September 13th exhibition opening reception will have a chance to win the following:
Presidio Bowl Center: $119 Gift Certificate, (1 lane, 1 hour, 6 people), 93 Moraga Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94129.
Photograph & Frame: $100 Gift Card 2298 Chestnut St., San Francisco, CA 94123.
Asian Art Museum: 2 guest passes, Valued at $50 total, 200 Larkin St., San Francisco, CA 94102.
Hand Touch Nail Care: $35 Gift card, 2371 Chestnut St. San Francisco, CA 94123.
Café RX: Two $10 Gift Cards, 1013 Torney Ave., San Francisco, CA 94129 at Tides Converge in the Presidio.
Books Inc.: $25 Gift Card, 2251 Chestnut St., San Francisco, CA 94123.
And more to come!
Sky Walker, ArtSeed Intern
Stanford Internship Program in Arts Administration Grantee Winner
Bio: Sky Walker is a Black American artist from Atlanta Georgia. She’s currently a senior at Stanford University double majoring in both Sociology and Art Practice. She began her artistic journey in high school where she made sculptures and prints using unconventional materials that reflected her identity. Now, she often creates paper collages from magazines, newspapers, and anything else that’s made from paper and explores visualizing the Black body through sculpture.
Artist Statement: I remember researching arts non-profits in the Bay Area to work at over the summer and that’s where I discovered ArtSeed. I loved the arts education programs and events they were putting on and wanted to be a part of that community. I knew that I would be able to make a difference while still being creative and I loved how welcoming ArtSeed was to have me!
Check out and share ArtSeed’s new Intake Platform created by graduating St. Ignatius senior, William Schier.
Want Further Involvement?
Click a hyperlink or forward these URLs to a friend!
- Volunteer or intern with ArtSeed: https://bit.ly/2XL4q5k
- See below and check out the new website that graduating St. Ignatius senior, ArtSeed Youth Council Officer William Schier created: https://artseed.org/artseedintakeplatform
- Register for ArtSeed’s Fine Arts Summer Intensive or Intensive Flyer with Linked Registration Form in Spanish
- Check out lots more event photographs! Flickr: https://bit.ly/38d4kp4
- Find our Summer Intensive Welcome Letter, The Spanish version
- Learn how to fundraise for Art-a-thon (Full Art-a-thon Packet): https://bit.ly/40TrvOP
- Apply for mentorships or private instruction (Application Form with Fee Schedule): https://bit.ly/3gSQP5R
- Apply for collaborative art-making (Registration Form for All Ages): https://bit.ly/3lcrEx0
- Visit our Michelle Vignes Virtual Gallery: https://bit.ly/38aEMJl
- Follow ArtSeed on Facebook: https://bit.ly/3kp9yUm
- Instagram: https://bit.ly/3ztyMrj
- Flickr: https://bit.ly/38d4kp4
- Support ArtSeed’s Shop & Share Project : https://bit.ly/3je6ZoT
- Honor a friend or commemorate a milestone: See how in our 2022 Annual Letter: https://bit.ly/3iup4Nw
- Subscribe here to receive seasonal ArtSeed Newsletters (Infrequent and your info is safe): https://bit.ly/39L4ft7
- Help ArtSeed reach out to vulnerable artists and families by donating through Network for Good: https://bit.ly/3gv04WD
- Submit a Teaching Artist or Presenter’s Packet Guidelines: https://bit.ly/3zawHjH
- Check out our Artist and Presenter’s Packets: https://bit.ly/3ygWHZg
- Submit your art for exhibition, and send us a photograph with this completed form: https://bit.ly/3RglmbJ
- Apply for ArtSeed’s Youth Council: https://bit.ly/3w3WV8h
- Learn more about our Hunter’s Point Studio Residency Program: http://bit.ly/3FtuIMx
- Support ArtSeed’s 2023 projects (ArtSeed 2023 Operating Plan): http://bit.ly/3LVRaBT
Weekly Focus Groups by appointment:
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call or text 415-656-9849 to make an appointment for Virtual Gatherings, Remote Learning, and Art-making Together!
- Saturday, 2 – 4 p.m. In-person Meetings and Mentorships.
- Monday, 3:30 – 5 p.m. In-person Mentorships
- Friday, 1 – 2 p.m. Veterans’ Art Lab with ArtSeed hosted by the Veteran’s Administration. To register, contact Dan at 415-221-4810 X22839.
- Tuesday, 4 – 5 p.m. Online Projects, Show-and-Tell, and Art Prompts